With Microsoft confirming recently about their work on the latest operating system, it is now sure that Windows 8 will be released soon. Last update I got is, it is scheduled for April 2012 release.
Anyway, now features of Win 8 are being circulated all over the internet. One of the notable features in Win 8 is the animation before the login screen. The animated windows logo during boot time in win 7 is now replaced by a beautiful betta fish logon screen in win 8, which looks quite amazing.
Betta Fish Logon
There are lot of applications that allow you to have a win 8 interface,but none of them changes the animation picture at boot time. Try the windows 7 boot updater from the link http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot. Try this at your own risk. It worked for me without any problem. The website also describes the troubleshooting steps that needs to be taken in event of any problems after making the changes.
According to the website, this is what windows 7 boot updater does
- Modifies the boot animation
- Modifies the boot text “Starting Windows” and “© Microsoft Corporation”
- Will compile the animation from 105 BMP, PNG, GIF, or TIFF images
- Does not require any other applications (like ImageX)
- Designed to be idiot-proof by having numerous checks
- Automatically backs up the modified winload.exe and bootres.dll
- Can be run as a GUI or command-line program
- Works for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7
- Numerous other little things (e.g. forcing timestamps) to match the original
Enjoy your windows 7 with betta fish logon screen