This is one of the feature that previous version of Windows operating system cannot do, but Window 10 can do – Create PDF file.
Windows 10 comes with in-built feature to create PDF file. Anything that is printable can be converted to PDF. Yes, it was possible to create PDF’s in older versions of Windows, but only with the help of third part PDF creator software such as CutePDF, PDFCreator, pdfforge etc.
Advantage of saving file as PDF
- PDF files are easy to create especially with the existing option with Windows 10
- Webpages can be saved as PDF and can be used to read the page offline or take a printout
- Almost all modern devices and hardware support PDF. So, you can easily send the PDF file to anyone to read the details
- PDF files have in-built option to secure file using password
- PDF files are highly compressible
The only disadvantage of PDF files is it’s hard to edit. Even if you edit, it’s hard to get the words and sentences aligned as you wish. The easiest way to handle the problem is convert the PDF file to a document, then make the changes and then convert it back to PDF.
How to convert files to PDF in Windows 10
Any file that is printable can be saved in the PDF format.
- Open a webpage, document, picture etc.
- Use the options or settings to get to the Print Options. (In case of webpage, right click on webpage to select Print option.)
- Under Printer, select the option Microsoft Print to PDF
- Click Print
- Give a file name and save the file
Use the comment to share your experience.