To those who work constantly on a computer, keyboard shortcuts are the easiest way to open options quickly. Opening an option with a couple of keystrokes is far less strain compared to dragging the mouse pointer, clicking on menu and submenu to open a particular feature. Apart from the strain, keyboard shortcuts also save couple of seconds which overall can add to big numbers while working for a long time.
Chrome extensions are add-ons that can be added to Google browser to add additional functionality to the browser. For e.g., web designers use multiple extensions for coding and design purpose. They have to open and close these extensions frequently. The presence of shortcut to open these extensions can make job much easier.
Fortunately, there is an option to set keyboard shortcuts to Google Chrome. And luckily, this is not a difficult task. The options are straight forward and can be set quickly.
Create keyboard shortcuts for chrome extensions
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome
- Click More Tools > Extensions
- Scroll down to the bottom of list of Extensions
- Click Keyboard shortcuts
- Click on Not Set against the extension that needs to be configured
- Press the combination key that you want for the extension. The shortcut will be automatically set inside the box.
- Click OK
Now check if everything works fine. Use the comment for feedback and share your experience.