VLC Player is without doubt my most preferred media player. It is one of my recommended must have software for every Windows users.
- Copy the URL of the video that you want to download
- Open VLC. Click Convert/Save. Click Network tab
- Inside ‘Please enter a network URL’, paste the URL of the video to download
- Click Convert/Save.
- In the next window
- Under Profile option, select your preferred format for the video file
- Under the option Destination file, give a file name and set location to download.
- Click Start.
Now wait for the video to be downloaded and enjoy your video. This way, you can also download youtube videos to VLC player.
Improve quality of downloaded video
If the downloaded video is of low resolution and poor quality, VLC can help play it better by smoothing down the rough edges. Here is how to do it.
- Play the video
- Go to Video options, click Post processing
- Select from Lowest, Middle, And Highest. Lowest use the least processing power and highest takes the most processing power. Select the one which suits better for the video.