Are you facing problems with unable to print from website? The print content maybe anything from printing the contents of webpage or documents and pdf displayed inside the webpage. Let me show the step by step procedure to fix printing issues from website.
Step by step procedure to fix unable to print from website
Find if this is a browser related problem
Try to take printout from IE, chrome and Firefox, if it is installed. Find out, which one is causing the problem. For e.g., if the problem turned out to be with IE, then we can concentrate on troubleshooting IE.
Fix the browser
For IE issues, try the steps mentioned in how to optimize IE. It is better to watch the video and follow the instructions.
For Firefox and Chrome, get inside the settings and try to clear the temporary cache and if possible run it without any add-ons or extensions. If that didn’t work out, try resetting browser to original manufacturer settings which should fix most of the issues.
Another easier way to clean the browser is by running the free tool Ccleaner. It can remove temp and unnecessary files in the browser.
Check if the problem is only with secured website
Secured websites are those sites where information is encrypted and you need a username and password or some PIN to see the contents. There are other documented issues related to login to secured website. So, unable to print from a secured website might also be related. You may try the steps mentioned here on How to fix problems related to login to secured website.
Try running IE as administrator
Right click on IE icon on the desktop, select Run as administrator. Now check if you can print from website.
Run IE without protected mode
Running IE without protected mode is not recommended. But for the troubleshooting purpose, let’s disable it and try to take printout.
- Press Windows Key + R, type inetcpl.cpl. This will open Internet Options window
- Go to Security Tab, Uncheck Enable Protected Mode
- Click OK which will close the Internet Options window
- Open IE and try to take a printout.
If this works, then you will have to add the website to the Trusted sites.
- Go to Internet Options window again, Go to Security Tab
- Click on Trusted sites, click on Sites, then add the website to the list for which you are trying to take a printout.
- Click OK. Restart IE.
Try to take printout and check if the problem is fixed.
Check if the Low folder is missing
This folder is located in the following location . %systemroot%\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Low
- If you have IE opened, close all IE and then open it which will recreate the folder in the same location. If needed, just restart computer and check if it got recreated.
- If not, run this Microsoft Fixit 50676
- If that didn’t work, execute the command in command prompt window with administrator rights
ICACLS “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low” /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
- Restart the computer and check if the problem is fixed.
Hope this article helped. Use the comment section if you have any queries.