Another error widely reported among Windows 8.1 users after upgrading is the error “Secure Boot isn’t configured correctly”.
If you want to find the reason, check you event log. Run -> eventvwr.exe -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> VerifyHardwareSecurity -> Admin. Check if the logged events points towards the options below.
- Secure Boot is currently disabled. Please enable Secureboot through the system firmware. (The PC is in UEFI mode and Secure Boot is disabled.)
- A non-production Secure Boot Policy was detected. Remove Debug/PreRelease policy through the system firmware. (The PC has a non-production policy.)
Secure Boot isn’t configured correctly can be fixed by
- Go to BIOS, go to secure boot options
- Enable secure boot
- Check “Install Intel platform key”
- Save the settings and restart computer
- If the message “Secure Boot isn’t configured correctly” is still there, you need to update your BIOS.
Hope you find this helpful.