The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
This error message usually happens when you try to send an email message by clicking on the webpage link. When the link is clicked, it should open automatically open your default email client, usually Outlook. Instead, you get this error message.
Here are some steps that can be tried to fix “The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator” message.
- Use the Microsoft Fixit tool
Use the fixit tool in this link. The tool do not support outlook versions earlier than 2013.
- Assign a default browser to open weblinks
Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Default programs.
- Reset web browser
This can also be an error from a corrupted browser settings. Just resetting web browser should help such problems.
- Try these steps for Internet Explorer.
- Try this for Firefox. Press Windows Key + R for opening Run window, type firefox -safe-mode firefox-safe-mode
- Try this for Chrome. click on settings, click on show advanced settings at the bottom. If you go down to the bottom of that list, click on Reset settings.
Check if the problem is fixed.