Connecting to internet is definitely your first step once you get hold of a tablet. Most of these tablets are designed to connect to Internet through Wi-Fi. If your tablet is powered by Android, this step by step information should help you get connected to internet. Please Note that the steps may vary for some of the tablets based on the manufacturer.
Step by step process to get Android Tablet connected to Internet
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on tablet by opening the settings icon on Home screen. You can also open App window and open settings.
- Open Wireless and Networks.
- Select Wi-Fi. Switch it on by sliding the bar.
- Turning on Wi-Fi will start the process of device scanning the area for presence of any wireless network
- If a network is present, the tablet will list all the networks. If there is lock icon next to the network name, it means you need to know the security password to connect to it.
- Select the network name that you want to connect to. When prompted, enter the password for connecting to the network. You will now be connected to the internet.
If you want your tablet to remember the security credentials and connect to the network automatically when in range,
- open Wi-Fi settings.
- Select Add Network
- Enter network name also called SSID.
- Select Save
- If you don’t want the tablet to remember the Wi-Fi connection, select Forget in the same screen as before.