One common problem with Android device is when it fails to wake up automatically. Normally, the device wake up when a phone call, message, alert or scheduled task is activated. Failing to wake up normally can be a software or hardware problem. Software problems are easy to fix, but hardware problems mostly end up replacing component or sending for tech shop repair.
Step by step method to check reason for Android not waking up properly
Check for problems with battery:
Check if the battery is properly charged.
Check if the problem is with the battery. If you have a spare battery, use it or put the suspected battery on another device and check if it does the same.
- Fully charge the battery and check if the problem persists
- Replace the battery and check if that fix the problem
Check the screens
It is possible that your Android device is still working, but you can’t see the screens or the LED lights because of problems with physical connectivity.
- These problems can only be worked out by giving the phone for tech shop repair.
- If you have important files that needs to be backed up, try connecting the device to your computer using cable connection and then backup files.
Check for Software problems
If you are able to see the screen and work normally after coming out of waking stage, this problem is a software problem
- Most software problems can be fixed by a simple restart. Make sure to turn off the device completely and then turn it on. Check if the problem gets repeated.
- Check if there is any firmware update from manufacturer
- Check if any recently installed App is responsible for the problem. Uninstall the suspicious App and check if the problem is solved. You may also try restarting Android in Safe mode to confirm if the problem is with third party Apps.
- If nothing works, reset your phone to manufacturer settings. The problem might be a corrupted operating system.