Once you login to the desktop, there is already a set of default apps that comes with Windows 8 arranged inside Tiles on the desktop. Some of these default apps are for Music, Mail, Photos, People, Calendar etc. Whenever you install a new application in Windows 8, Tiles are automatically generated to accommodate these Apps on the desktop. At times, you would like to create a Tile on start screen for the most commonly used Apps so that you can quickly launch them. For that you need to pin apps to Start screen.
In this article, you will learn how to pin and unpin Apps on the start screen.
- Open the App Bar. Right click an empty area on the start screen. This will prompt the app bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the button All apps on App bar. This will show the list of all apps installed in your computer.
- Choose your app. Right click on your preferred app. A check mark will appear on the right side confirming that you selected the app.
- Choose Pin to the Start Screen. At the bottom of the screen, select Pin to Start button on the app bar.
- Check the new tile. Quit the screen by pressing the windows key. Now scroll to the far right side of start screen and the new tile will be displayed there.
- Unpin an App. Right click on a tile which you want to unpin, then click on Unpin from Start on app bar. Now you will notice that the tile is removed.