First of all, why project your Windows Phone screen on PC? Here are some possibilities that I can think of right now. If I want to play games like Asphalt. Or if I want a big screen while texting. Or if I want to watch videos and pictures on a bigger PC screen. Do presentations. Etc..
At the time of writing, Windows Phone screen cannot be displayed on TV as you need to install the software. Only solution is you connect PC to TV and then display your phone.
Here is how to display Windows Phone 8.1 screen on PC. The entire process hardly takes a minute to setup
- Install Project My Screen App on your PC from the link. You need to have admin rights to install it. Download ProjectMyScreen
- Use a good quality data transfer USB cable to connect the phone and PC
- Open the Project My Screen icon on PC desktop
- You will get a prompt “A computer is trying to display your phone’s screen content. Are you okay with this?” Click Yes
The Windows phone screen will now be displayed on your PC. You may have it displayed in full screen mode as well as scaled down mode. Unfortunately, you cannot use your computer hardware keyboard or mouse to type or control. Hopefully Microsoft will soon include that feature.
Fix Project My Screen App not able to display Windows Phone Screen
This problem might be because of a corrupted Windows Phone drivers. Try these steps in the order to re-install a fresh copy of Windows drivers.
- Connect Windows Phone to your PC
- Press Windows Key + R for the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and click OK. This will open device manager windows.
- Scroll down to entry Portable Devices and Universal Serial Bus Devices as shown in the screenshot below. Right click on all entries related to Phone and then Uninstall. Do not restart unless all the entries are removed.
- Disconnect your Windows Phone and then Restart PC
- After restart, connect Windows Phone to allow the drivers to get installed automatically.
After the phone is detected by PC, use Project my Screen and check if the problem is fixed.
Fix Error Code 80072EE7 on Windows Phone