Dark interface reduces the load on your eyes in low light and also helps to save charging on devices with OLED displays like the iPhone X and iPhone XS.
In iOS 13, Apple has finally added a full-fledged system Dark Mode. It automatically darkens the background of the interface, various menus, color palette, etc. Due to the light content on a dark background, it is easier to concentrate on it. Important elements stand out from the background, and it is more convenient to work with them.
Dark Mode supports all universal access functions and all standard applications in iOS 13. APIs are also available for developers of third-party applications that can add Dark Mode to them. Many applications already support Dark mode. Apple has even created dark wallpaper optimized wallpapers that automatically change when the light theme switches to dark.
How to turn on Dark Mode in iOS 13
There are multiple methods to Turn on Dark Mode in iOS 13
- Control Center
Turn on Dark Mode using Control Center
- Open Control Center by diagonally swiping down upper right corner of the screen
- Hold down the Brightness indicator to make it fullscreen
- In the full-screen mode, there are 3 additional options at the bottom. Press Appearance: Light in the lower-left corner
This will switch the phone to Dark Mode.
Turn on Dark Mode using Settings
- Open Settings
- Select Display & Brightness
- At the top, there are 2 options – Light and Dark. Select Dark. The phone is now switched to Dark Mode.
Just below the section, there is an option which says Automatic. If you turn it on, the iPhone will switch to Dark mode between sunrise and sunset. By default, Dark mode is set to activate at 10.00 PM till it switches to light mode at morning 7.00 AM.
List of supported iOS 13 devices
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)