Reading Time: 1 minute
Some users encountered problems with black screen after installing Windows 8.1 update. This has to be an issue with Windows 8.1 conflict with display adapter. Follow the steps mentioned here to fix the black screen.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking (Keep tapping F8 as soon as your restart computer, select Safe Mode with Networking)
Safe Mode with networking allows you to boot to desktop as the graphics card is automatically disabled in safe mode.
- Right click on My Computer, click on Manage, click Device Manager
- On the right side under Display Adapters, right click on graphics card entry, click Disable
- Download the updated graphics card driver from this link or from the respective manufacturer website.
- Restart your computer.
- Install the newly downloaded graphics card. Restart it once again.
Hopefully the issue is fixed. If you still have a problem, feel free to use the comment section.