Do you have a problem with mouse scroll not working in Internet Explorer? This is not a mouse problem. It is an issue with some change in settings inside IE. The most probable culprit is IE add-ons. Add-ons and toolbars are considered the one which creates the maximum problem for web browsers. Here is how to fix mouse scroll not working in IE.
Try these steps in Internet Explorer
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window
- Type inetcpl.cpl. Click OK. This open Internet Options window
- Under Programs Tab, click Manage add-ons
- Go through the list of add-ons. Disable add-ons one at a time or you can disable all add-ons which you think is not necessary or look suspicious. Then close the window and check if the IE is working fine.
Note: In my case, the issue was fixed after disabling Linkey add-on(Check the above image). Disabling the add-on also fixed an issue where the browser opened new links to Linkey website. Hope you might find a similar add-on on your browser.
If disabling add-on didn’t work, try resetting Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Options window
- Go to Advanced Tab. Click Reset.
- This will reset IE to original manufacturer settings. Once the reset is complete, open IE and check if the mouse is working fine.
Hope this article helped you fix mouse scroll not working in Internet Explorer. Use the comment section for any queries.