Reading Time: 1 minute
Another error widely reported among Windows 8.1 users after upgrading is the error “Secure Boot isn’t configured correctly”.
If you want to find the reason, check you event log. Run -> eventvwr.exe -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> VerifyHardwareSecurity -> Admin. Check if the logged events points towards the options below.
- Secure Boot is currently disabled. Please enable Secureboot through the system firmware. (The PC is in UEFI mode and Secure Boot is disabled.)
- A non-production Secure Boot Policy was detected. Remove Debug/PreRelease policy through the system firmware. (The PC has a non-production policy.)
Secure Boot isn’t configured correctly can be fixed by
- Go to BIOS, go to secure boot options
- Enable secure boot
- Check “Install Intel platform key”
- Save the settings and restart computer
- If the message “Secure Boot isn’t configured correctly” is still there, you need to update your BIOS.
Hope you find this helpful.