The heading sounds a bit funny. Why need a Wi-Fi password if the windows device is already connected to WiFi? True. You may have memorized it or written somewhere. But what if you forgot the password and want to use it for adding more devices. This method is only valid if you have a windows device connected to the WiFi network.
How to find the passwords of networks saved in Windows
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run window
- Type ncpa.cpl to open network connections window
- Double click on the WiFi network to which device is connected
- Click Wireless Properties
- Click Security Tab
- Under Network Security Key, click Show characters.
You will be able to see the password used in the current WiFi network.