Reading Time: 1 minute
Once a password is set for Windows login, it can be used forever. However, this comes with a lot of security issues. Anyone can log into your PC and access information. Using the same password, again and again, gives enough time for a hacker to experiment with different probabilities and finally hack your password.
How to set Windows 10 reminder to change the account password
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK for opening Group Policy Editor
- On the left pane, go to the location Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy
- On the right pane, double-click on Minimum password age
- Set the number of days and click OK.
Once the reminder is set, Windows 10 will remind you when it is time to change the password. This is done as soon as you log into your PC.