Norton Internet Security UpdateNorton Internet Security 2011 is the latest security software from Symantec, the largest maker of security software for computer. Their main target is small offices and businesses and also home users. Unlike the previous releases, Norton 2011 product range improved much on features for improving computer security and also performance. It seems Symantec is now trying hard to get rid of their notoriety of slowing down computer performance after installing their products. To a good extend, they are successful this time.
Package includes Antivirus, Antispyware, Antiphishing, Antispam, Antirootkit, Bot protection, Identity protection, Smart firewall, Network mapping and monitoring, Norton Reputation Service, Norton Safe Web, Parental control management, Pulse Updates, SONAR 3 Behavior Protection.
Installation of Norton Internet Security 2011 is very fast compared to the previous versions. The installation in perfect conditions will not take more than 2 minute. Registration of Norton product online is compulsory for even trial versions
Security controls are condensed to just 3 windows - computer protection, network protection, and Web protection. All the controls are arranged on the right side of each category. Each controls are activated by default. By sliding the control to the right, it can be de-activated which is indicated by red color. It also gives a pop up warning to let you know that the safety is de-activated and let you select how long it needs to be turned off. At the bottom of the interface, there is a world map with yellow dots blinking, which according to Norton is an instance of Norton successfully blocking an infection.
Features of Norton Internet Security 2011:
- Smart schedulers for running scans when computer is not in use
- Norton Pulse Update regularly check for any updates 10 – 15 mts keeping computer safe in real time
- Protection against virus, worms, spywares, bots( automated software used by cyber criminals)and rootkits
- Performance alerts, in case any application is slowing down computer performance
- SONAR 3 Behavioral Protection protects computer based on suspicious file behavior
- Norton Reputation Service checks the file origin and prevents malware from getting installed
- Email and instant messenger scan to prevent suspicious links and attachments
- Spam protection to keep your mail free from spam mail
- Norton Safe Web provide warning against scam and fraudulent website at the time of searching
- Norton Safe Web protection to safe guard from suspicious applications in social networking sites
- Power Eraser aggressively clean computer of fake antivirus programs and other malware that prevents legitimate security tools from being installed.
- Vulnerability protection to protect from cyber criminals using security loop holes inside the computer
- Advanced Phishing protection against fraudulent website by integrating to both Internet explorer and Firefox
- Improved Firewall to protect computer against hackers stealing information
- Network Mapping and monitoring helps to find and prevent uninvited guests using your wireless connection
- Parental control to manage your kids online activities
- Norton identity safe to keep the most recent logins and passwords safely on a USB device.It can then be used on any computers using Norton Internet Security 2010,2011 or Norton 360
- Free 24x7 support by phone, email, chat or online support
- Monthly reports to let you know the activities of Norton in protecting your computer
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (NBRT) allows to create a bootable CD/DVD/USB at times when computer cannot be started due to severe infection
- 300 MHz or faster processor
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB RAM required for the Recovery Tool)
- 200 MB of available hard disk space
- Standard Web browser
- Email scanning supported for POP3- and SMTP-compatible email clients.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
- Microsoft Outlook 97 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Browser support for Browser Defense and Phishing Protection features
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 (32-bit only) and later
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and later
A higher version of Norton Internet Security,Norton 360 is also available. Find the features of Norton 360.
To download and try Norton Internet Security 2011, visit http://us.norton.com/internet-security/