Are you facing a problem with computer constantly shutting down without warning and unable to find the reason? Go through the list of possible reasons. You might be able to find the reason and probably fix the problem by yourself.
The most common reason for the disconnection of a computer device. A specific node or component naturally overheats, which one can be determined by the following indirect features:
- Immediately after loading, a short-term freeze occurs, after which the device switches itself off – in most cases this happens due to a malfunction of the central processor.
- During the launch of a rather heavy game or software application for maximum operation parameters, an instantaneous shutdown occurs – as a rule, this is associated with a video card or processor.
- Very often, the problem of overheating occurs due to a large accumulation of dust inside the device, after removal of which the defect no longer occurs. Before dismantling the central processor or replacing the video card, it is necessary to check the operation of the ventilation system – no jamming or skewing of the fan blades, the integrity of the radiator.
- After carrying out preventive measures (they must be carried out regularly, regardless of the occurrence of problems), the computer device is assembled and checked for operability. To check the temperature on a particular unit (in case of doubt), you can use special tools that are freely available on the Internet.
Computer devices are quite painful about the fluctuations (surges) of voltage in the electrical network, and they happen quite often with domestic suppliers. This problem may entail not just spontaneous outages, but also quite serious damage.
For diagnostics, it is necessary to measure the voltage directly in the outlet using a household multimeter. During the measurement, the maximum load on the home network should be given, for example, by turning on the electric kettle and the iron at the same time. Having determined the presence of jumps, the computer is connected to the electrical network exclusively through a quality stabilizer. If unexpected power outages occur quite often, it is necessary to purchase an uninterruptible power supply unit.
Faulty Power Button
Unfortunately, such a defect as the premature breakdown of the “Start” button on a computer device (sometimes it happens even on warranty equipment) can be a reason for self-deactivation. To check it is necessary:
- Remove the PC protective cover.
- Start the device by using contacts on the back of the button (suitable paper clip).
If the launch was successful, and the computer stopped shutting down independently, then the problem lies precisely in it. Replacement, subject to care, you can independently, without contacting the service centre.
RAM is also a frequent culprit when it comes to unauthorised computer shut downs. A very much damaged RAM is easy to detect as it won’t allow any display on the screen and gives out long beeps as soon as the computer is turned on.
The other problems are bit difficult to understand. Some of the symptoms are
- Long braking during operation.
- Hangs that can be repeated repeatedly.
If the problem seems to be with the RAM, try a couple of steps before going for replacing RAM.
- Clean the RAM slots, remove the dust and check if that is a problem
- Clean the electrical contact points which connects RAM and the slot.
If it is still not working, probably it is time to replace with a new RAM.
Presence of Viruses and Malware
Viruses and Malware can do a lot of damage to the normal functioning of a computer. Here are some of the problems associated with virus and malwares.
- Slow performance by corrupting the operating system and
- By making adjustments to OS settings, malwares slow down overall computer performance.
- Viruses and Malwares are capable of unauthorized shutdown with or without remote controlling.
The solution is usually simple. Just run a scan using a reputed software and remove those infections. But it can get complicated at times if the infection is severe beyond repair by a security software. Then the better solution is simply taking a backup, format everything and reinstall the operating system.