Have you been in a situation where you forgot to log out your email account on another device? It’s creepy to even think about someone opening your account and going through your personal emails. Fortunately, it is easy to come out of it if your email account is from Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Here is how to Sign Out Email Account Remotely.
Sign out Gmail remotely
- Login to your Gmail account
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen where you can see the option Details. (This option is just below the Last account activity option. Click on Details.
- A pop-up screen will appear with details of all login activities. The browser indicates the email is logged in another desktop or laptop. The mobile indicates probably a table or mobile phone. IP address used by the device is also listed there.
- Click Sign Out all other Gmail sessions. (This will log out all other Gmail sessions except the one that you are using right now. In my opinion, this is a nice feature especially when you need to use Google account to log in to multiple Android devices. It would have been better if there is an option to selectively log out from multiple devices, which are not allowed right now.)
Sign out Yahoo remotely
- Login to your Yahoo Account
- Click Profile image in the top right corner
- Select Account Info
- Select Recent Activity
- Click Sign Out if you find an unrecognized device.