Here is a step by step guide to Ubuntu Installation.
Put the Ubuntu installation media (either from CD/DVD/USB) and boot from the media.
- Welcome ScreenYou are given the option to Try Ubuntu or Install Ubuntu.
- Install Ubuntu – Use this option to install Ubuntu on your hard disk. In this tutorial, we will proceed with installing Ubuntu on hard disk.
- Try Ubuntu – Run Ubuntu from the installation media without installing it inside hard disk
- Preparing to install Ubuntu
This window will show the details of installation requirement. There is an option here to download updates while installing. Checking this option enable Ubuntu to do an up to date checking of installed files and presence of security updates or the latest bug fixes.
- Allocate Drive Space
When you click on Next, you will be given an option to install Ubuntu in the allocated drive space.
Erase disk and install Ubuntu – Selecting this option will lead to erasing all data inside the allocated space and install Ubuntu.
Something else – Selecting this option give you the option to do a manual partitioning. Using this option, you can partition hard disk and then install Ubuntu inside the selected partition. You can use the other partition to install something else.
- Installation begins
Once the drive space allocation is complete, this will jump start the installation process
Select Region (Where are you?)
Configure Keyboard layout
Identify the username for the computer (Who are you?)
You have the option to either login automatically or enter username and password everytime you login.
- Login to your user account
If you selected login automatically, you will be automatically taken to desktop. Or else, enter username and password to reach desktop.